As soon as I finished this manicure it made me think of eyes:
…. And then that song:
I’m not sure how I feel about the design. It’s a little bright for me but maybe with a different color combo it would look a little better. Regardless, here is an easy nail art design that everyone can do. You may want to grab some toothpicks, bobby pins, or a nail art tool to do the dotting. Choose three colors you would like to work with, a base coat, and a top coat.
1. Always prep your nails before hand with a file to smooth edges and corners. Then apply a good base coat. I use Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail
2. I then follow with a ridgefiller because my nails have been peeling a lot lately. I’m hoping that’s going to reverse soon because I’ve been taking j.f lazartigue hair vitamins for the past two weeks (admittedly with a day missed here and there :/ ) and I would hope they would help with nail growth as well. I’ll be reporting on those babies later.
Currently taking 2-3 /day. You can take up to 6!
So you apply the ridgefiller to smooth the nail bed. I like Orly’s version.
3. Then apply your base color. I choose Essie’s Watermelon, and did two coats.
4. Then get your dotting tool ready and a plate to drop polish on.
5. Then take your dotting tool and dab it into the polish. Create slightly larger dots by circling around your dotting tool to create a bigger circle. You’ll want the first set of dots slightly bigger so the second set of dots are slightly smaller. Allow your nails to dry for some minutes between the drops because it can get thick if you aren’t careful.
* to make the dots look like eyes instead of “just dots”, place the second dot ( in my case, the blue color near the edge of the bigger (white) dot. Like the googly eyes up above. Do it on random sides so it doesn’t look too much like a pattern.
6. Finish with a top coat to seal the design. Lately I’ve preferred using Seche Vite Top Coat since its so shiny.
Want to see different nail designs? Just click on the picture above to take you to my gallery
What colors would you choose? Would you possibly use real googly eyes from the craft store? I bet you can make some cute Halloween designs with those! Have yet to master the feather manicure yet–if any readers out there get tips on how to make the feather NOT lift please share!